phpSecurityAdm is a PHP class that was designed to be implemented with custom Content
Management Systems (CMS). The ease of use allows the CMS programmer to concentrate on
creating a quality application without having to waste a lot of time on the security access
side of the system.
The class uses Metabase as a database abstraction layer in order to increase portability. The
use of Metabase allows a programmer to choose their own Relational Database Management System
(DBMS) according to their needs. See
for more information about Metabase.
This class (along with the example GUI files) can be used for restricting access to web pages
based on user names and passwords. The system will allow the programmer (or webmaster using the
- Manage user accounts and access rights based on URI
- Add, edit, or delete users.
- Change access and connection rights for the system or individual users.
- Control basic system parameters such as user name and password lengths and where connections
are allowed to be made from.
- Create and manage "user profiles" in order to allow an efficient method of creating multiple
users with similar access rights. (Similar to groups in posix systems.)